After playing with Flash (the software I will be using for the final outcome) it made the design I thought of seem quite dull with the same shapes flashing up even though it was is another order each time. My visual abstract felt too predictable with each move because of the consistency in look throughout all the beats.
From this, you can see the different plans for each of the audio clips like I had done for the first draft. With this plan I had decided a few aspects that I wanted to use for my final flash animation.
I decided to do a second draft of my animation carrying over some of the past ideas with a few updates too.
Here below, you can see a sketch of the expected outcome with the specific colour scheme that I want to follow.
The Creating Process
First was the adding of the sound and black background.
The second step was creating the first few shapes for the synth audio. Firstly, I used only circles then I mixed it around with lines, curves and lots of different shapes.
Then I moved onto the Claves animating. For this I created a large square in the middle which never moved position but only got thinker in size. Here you can see the difference from the beginning shape to the bold style.
Lastly, I moved to the flashing beams that I needed to use for the drum kits rhythm. The also changed each time to keep the viewers attention levels high. With the green colour, they would stand out to the rest of the animation to show the part of the animations detail in specifics like the other instruments do.
Overall there was only use of frame-by-frame animation to give the old fashion look of film animation today. With the final outcome I was surprised by the quality of the final animation. As this was my first try with making the animation move with the sound. I do see room for improvement with the style of the square and where I can go further with this.